Corporate tax consultant - Aalst/Gent
Baker Tilly Belgium is looking for a Corporate Tax Consultant to join its practice to provide advisory services in the corporate income tax domain. The main tasks will consist of advisory work in a wide variety of tax issues, tax planning and restructuring, tax compliance including transfer pricing and assistance in tax audits. This position involves advising Belgian based SME’s and larger international companies on the Belgian (and possibly foreign) tax implications of their operations on the Belgian territory and abroad.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients within the agreed budget and deadline
- Research and consulting on various tax matters
- Manage multiple requests from client service teams and clients directly
- Execute and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries
- Act pro-actively to spot business and process improvements in client files and make recommendations to the (internal/external) client as a business advisor
- Work closely with colleagues and other team members
- Build and maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Master degree in law or economics, with a postgraduate qualification in tax
- Corporate income tax specialisation but ability to make relevant links to other tax domains, such as vat, personal income tax, transfer tax, ...
- Experience in corporate restructurings or transfer pricing is a plus
- Proven team player
- Good project management skills
- Flexible, accurate and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build client relationships with feel for impact of size, type and expectations of client firm
- Able to communicate fluently in English, Dutch and French
- A competitive salary, combined with attractive fringe benefits.
- We offer you many opportunities.
- Continuous education.
- On-the-job training within a professional and multi-disciplinary environment.